Dr. Shafqat Huma
The Department of Psychiatry’s classified psychiatrists and staff treat a wide range of mental health issues using psychotherapy, medication, or a combination of the two. Services are available for all age groups, including children, adolescents, adults, and seniors.
Department of Psychiatry at Bahria Town Hospital Lahore specialize in the treatment of mental health issues such as:
- Anxiety and panic disorders
- Bipolar Affective disorder
- Dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease
- Depression, including postpartum depression
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive behavioral disorder
- Mental and Behavioral Disorders due to Substance Abuse
- Personality Disorder
- Psychiatric Emergencies
In addition, the psychiatric staff are experienced in certain therapeutic modalities including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Mind-body stress management
- Family therapy
- Group and individual behavioral therapy
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Treatment may be provided at the hospital or at the doctor’s office. Emphasis is placed on privacy and confidentiality.
The department has a strong commitment to understanding an individual’s current social context and feelings, and past behaviors and experiences. It is our conviction that clinical psychiatry can only be learned in the context of meaningful interactions with our patients.
Update & Press
UAN: 042 353 401 35-7